Thank you for another great season. The $20 Box will be available in early Spring. Sign up to receive our newsletter and we'll let you know when the $20 BOX becomes available each week. http://goodefarm.com/events/
The $20 Box is NOT a traditional CSA. No memberships. No subscriptions. Each week we harvest a fresh and delicious sampling from the best of what Goode Farm has to offer. Order online the day before you pick up.
What is the $20 Box? When we say goodbye to our dearest friends and family who visit the farm during the growing season, we like to send a parting gift: a sampling of all the things we are proud of growing, and would like for them to enjoy once they return home. The $20 Box is just that, a thoughtful selection of the best of the week's harvest at Goode Farm. You order them here by Tuesday, for pickup on Thursday. On Thursday afternoon we invite you to visit the farm to pick up your box, and to, perhaps, toss the boules in a round of pétanque. It comes with a recipe that will showcase the flavors featured in the week's box and a suggested wine pairing (available at a discount from our friends at Sage Wine & Spirits).
Is it a CSA? Like subscribing to a CSA, buying a $20 Box supports community agriculture. Buying directly from the farm bypasses the middlemen who ship, handle, and resell your food. Unlike membership and subscription services, there is no large, upfront fee or months long commitment. Instead, the $20 Box is offered week to week.
What is in the $20 box? The amount and kinds of produce you'll find in your box will change with the growing season. Early Spring boxes may include wild ramps, spinach, herbs, microgreens, peas, and young root crops. Summer will be dominated by heirloom tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, flowers, basil, new potatoes, and peppers. Deep into Autumn, we continue to harvest arugula, raddichio, cabbage, carrots, squash, garlic. There will be lots of special surprises in between.
Who is the $20 Box for?
- Someone who wants ingredients, inspiration, and instruction for a delicious, organic, seasonal meal.
- A family who wants to supplement their weekly groceries with vegetables direct from a local farm.
- Anyone whose schedule is too unpredictable for a season long commitment to a subscription CSA. (Folks who might travel sometimes, and entertain at other times.)
- As a gift! The $20 Box makes a thoughtful host gift (especially when offered along with a suggested wine pairing from Sage Wine & Spirits). It is an enlightened present for new parents, or anyone else who loves quality, local, organic food but lacks the time to both menu plan and shop markets and farm stands.
How does payment work? Boxes are pre-sold online. To reserve a $20 box for Thursday, order by Tuesday. We use Stripe, a secure payment service, which accepts:
- Visa (credit and debit cards)
- MasterCard (credit and debit cards)
- American Express
Can I make substitutions? No substitutions, but we will provide recipes and ideas for how to use everything in your box.
When and where can I pick up my box? Boxes can be picked up between 2-7pm on Thursdays at the farm: 966 Goode Road in Ballston Spa.
What if I'm unhappy with a box? Talk to us! You can email us at email@example.com -or- call 202-445-0809
Can I cancel? There are no cancellations, but you might consider offering it to a friend or neighbor if you really can't use your box. If someone else is picking up your box, please let us know. Text is fine: 202-445-0809
What if I can't or don't pick up my box after ordering one? Unclaimed boxes will be donated to The Saratoga EOC.